Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sakugarne not working properly in reverse gravity?
If I use Sakugarne while upside-down, the animation takes it to the ground and then it awkwardly pops onto the ceiling.

More seriously, while upside-down it doesn't protect from spikes; you pass right through them and die. I've seen this happen in both Maze of Significantly Less Death (49th place) and Sector Upsilon 6 (15th place), so it doesn't seem to be a level-specific thing.

...oh, and this is a thing too. I was trying to test what happened if I bounced on an enemy while upside-down, and Sakugarne was not happy when I tried summoning it here:

11-27-2017, 12:48 AM

In addition to the odd placement, it's making a weird noise constantly.

Didn't actually manage a good test of bouncing on enemies while upside-down. I was able to kill some, though.

Also, while investigating that I noticed that Rush Coil and Rush Jet are automatically summoned right-side up regardless of your own gravity. Then again I'm not sure how that worked in MM5.
Yeah, we didn't fix that because I'm pretty sure SU6 used that to intentionally block off a path - the design suggests it. Also Rush was always rightside up in MM5, but that was more just never getting around to coding rather than adhering to accuracy.
(11-27-2017, 02:23 AM)SnoruntPyro Wrote: Yeah, we didn't fix that because I'm pretty sure SU6 used that to intentionally block off a path - the design suggests it. Also Rush was always rightside up in MM5, but that was more just never getting around to coding rather than adhering to accuracy.

No, this was never intentional on my part. I almost turned off non-Super Arrow utilities in SU6 for precisely the reasons described above
fuck