Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 1.3
1.3's finally out! Yay! It's been too long. Hopefully, this should be the final major patch.

Changelog:

Download Link:
As usual, get the game from the download page.
http://magmmlcontest.com/download.php

Simply extract the zip and run the game. Your saves will transfer over.

Level Tweaks:
* Wily Star II, Stage 4
  * The spikes in the Sakugarne and Super Arrow sections have been changed to electrically charged blocks that do 7 damage.
  * The start of the Sakugarne section has been nerfed a bit to let the player get used to Sakugarne more.
  * The 'awkward' jump mid-Sakugarne section has been replaced with a new obstacle.
  * Some spikes in the Wheel Cutter section have been removed.
  * Some extra platforms have been added to the Super Arrow section to create more of a difficulty curve.
  * Autobounce's Grab Buster attack has been nerfed to recover less health and shoot one less shot.
* Swiss Hotel
  * The infamous door has had a safety net placed under it, and the Crash Lifts go away so as to not crush you.
  * Some other doors have had safety nets added.
  * A sign has been added to make it more clear where the Noble Nickels are versus the boss.
  * Fixed an error in the other sign that referred to the boss of an older version of the level.
* Null and Void
  * A new area, the Null Terminal, has been added. It allows you to travel to any floor you've reached.
  * You can now toggle music variety in the level (on by default). Each room in the level will reuse existing music from previous levels.
  * All rooms now have checkpoints bar two of them (no good place for them). To get back to the NAV hub, you use the Exit utility.
  * An obstacle in R4 Pyro's room has been changed to make things easier overall.
  * Nerfed Zieldak's maze room - there are now clearer hints as to where the fake tiles are.
  * Fixed a nonfunctional bottomless pit in the Komuso Man room.
  * Fixed an easter egg room in Cruise's room being blocked off for some reason.
  * Fixed some tiling errors in Zieldak's maze room and Cruise's VVVVVV room.
  * Fixed the Virtual Boy autoscroller not using the correct Yoku Block sprites on the first cycle of them.
  * You can no longer leech health with Grab Buster or Haunt Pumpkin from the bounce switches in Beed's room.
  * Hopefully fixed being able to glitch disabled weapons into the no jumping room.

New Features:
* You can now press F3 to change the screen size of the game without having to go to the options menu.
* A new cheat has been added to round out the cheat number - No Boss I-Frames.
* You can now take ingame screenshots by pressing F9.

Critical Errors Fixed:
* The hub cutscene lock bug has been fixed - for anyone wondering, it was caused by exiting out of the game when the first cutscene at Chateau Chevalresque was in progress. If your save has been affected by this bug, simply reload your save, go back to the Chataeu, and then all cutscenes will be reactivated and will play sequentially if you exit and reenter the main hub.
* The black screen custom costume bug should (hopefully) have been fixed.
* Fullscreen should now fully work properly and not cause black screens on some computers.
* Finally fixed all cutscene Energy Element weirdness. Tier X will only activate at 111 Energy Elements no matter what, and you can no longer trigger the second half of the Wily Star cutscene early.

Other Fixes:
* The file completion percentages for saves actually maxes at 100% and not 99% now.
* Wily Stage leaderboards are now functional and viewable ingame at the Dojo.
* Hopefully fixed many custom costume bugs - skins should no longer all be called 'Woman', and you can no longer glitch Contest Weapons into the skins. Instead, you can enable them on a per-skin basis by putting a white dot at coordinates 1430, 772.
* Ruined Lab has been manually tiled and had its animation objects changed, which has decreased load times significantly.
* Wily 6's maze has had its animation objects swapped out for another object, which has decreased load times significantly.
* You can now use D-Pads if you want to use a supported Gamepad.
* Fixed getting stuck underneath ceilings on occasion with Air Slide enabled.
* Fixed a bug where you could kill Btd'nhan while not in its boss room in Wily Stage 2.
* Fixed a bug where some wrong code setting and saving rendered the actual Pit completion cutscene completely inaccessible.
* Severely reduced the glitchiness of the grass section in Mario Land.
* Fixed a bug that gave you free movement while the Boss Gallery menu was still activated.
* Some bosses in the Boss Gallery have had some Arena-caused quirks fixed: Wishing Star now has his low gravity, Haunt Man now drops health pickups like the original fight, the Yggdrasil bosses have had their original damage values restored, and the Boss Whopper rises to his Orbital Station position.
* Fixed weirdness with using the Bouncy Castle cheat while fighting Revenge of Toad Man.
* Fixed a bug where you could double kill some phases of Absolute ZERO if you used a multihitting weapon like Slash Claw to deal the final blow.
* The level select in the Pit no longer causes odd bugs if you try to start a new regular run.
* Fixed being able to select Groovity Man in the Boss Gallery while in Co-Op mode.
* Fixed a bug allowing you to buy more than one M Tank in the pit.
* Fixed a random pit in Wily Fortress VR not actually killing you.
* Fixed being able to see a random Pharaoh Man sprite occasionally on Gamma's weak point.
* Fixed Spiked-Wall Man's shooter tiles being misaligned.
* Fixed collected Noble Nickels still showing up on the Level Mapper.
* Fixed signs in Biplane Bay, Sector Upsilon 6 and Null and Void calling you Mega Man regardless of costume.
* Fixed some clipping issues with the character versus magnet machines.
* Fixed Bubukans and Spring Heads having some clipping issues with walls.
* Fixed Mag Flies dropping you through the ground on occasion.
* Fixed the wind gimmick in the second section in Goblins N' Ghasts. By 'fixed', I mean, 'readded because it mysteriously disappeared'.
* Tweaked hitbox of Milk and Strawberry Milk to hopefully fix clipping issues with them.
* Fixed CATS interfering with and/or permanently turning on the Flashman85 cheat in the Arena and Boss Gallery.
* Fixed player being misgendered when told to burn in hell.
* Fixed some projectiles lingering if you made Galaxy Man go into critical mode at the wrong time.
* Fixed ACESpark's comment comics not displaying in the proper resolution in fullscreen.
* Fixed the quick lasers in AD 2101 being instakill instead of doing 8 damage as originally submitted.
* Fixed the mutants in Quarantine Woman dropping items - an aspect not intended by the submitter.
* Fixed a bug where Jewel Satellite's ammo would sometimes overflow past 28.
* Fixed a stray teleporter at the spawn in A Light Challenge allowing you to skip the whole thing.
* Fixed some spikes in Slipperly Snakes being nonfunctional.
* Fixed misaligned animated tiles and the nonfunctional spawner in Junkyard 81.
* Fixed a weird double save occuring after defeating Holo Dragon.
* Fixed the health bar being visible during certain cutscenes and the ending.
* Fixed the Tier X particle effect and the player healthbar being visible in the Sonic CD time travel cutscene thing in Tier X.
* Fixed a random rainbow block being visible behind Launch Man in Tier X.
* Fixed being able to move and pause the game during a random moment when controls should be locked in the Absolute ZERO fight.
* Fixed the background in Absolute ZERO phase 4 mirroring itself when the boss changes directions.
* Fixed the skip teleporters in Neon Man and Sector Upsilon 6 missing green particles.
* Fixed the Dragon Coins in Mario Land using the wrong sprite on occasion.
* Fixed controls not being properly locked when riding Launch Man into Tier X, which lead to several crash bugs.
* Fixed a bug in the 25 Energy Elements cutscene where Rush would get stuck in the ceiling if you triggered the cutscene coming back from Tier 6.
* Fixed a masking error in Proto Man's Slash Claw frames.
* Fixed Family Friendly mode being ignored by randomized judge comments.
* The roster for the Surprise Bosses cheat has been changed to have less bosses that crash everything and more of the Fortress and Tier X bosses.
* Fixed Coyote Man's ice attack bypassing the Invincibility cheat.
* Fixed M Tanks being called 'Weapon Tanks' in the pit shop.
* The Mega Man? skin is no longer called just "Mega Man" by NPCs.
* Fixed MrKyurem's username being typoed as "MyKyurem".
* Fixed the Joe Man skin using the incorrect name (Sniper Joe).

Other Changes:
* The game's sleep margin has been changed to be 10 by default (the same as Mega Man Maker's), so hopefully this can fix some computers' issues with the game.
* Wily Machine SWORD no longer robs you of your skin if you fight it in the Arena or Boss Selector.
* A Tier X collectible total is now visible by Launch Man in the hub.
* Final Toad now takes extra damage from charge shots in the Arena.
* You no longer fight Phase 4 of Absolute ZERO in the True Arena - instead, it skips directly to Zero Heart. Hopefully, this should make a 'Phase 5' feel less stupid.
* The costume shop has been spiced up a bit - the window for the costumes is now bigger, and you can now see in the shop which skins can and can't use the Contest Weapon Data.
* Several skins can now use the Contest Weapon Data, including Proto Man, Bass, Roll, Mega Man?, Super Saiyan, and a few others.
* The VIP Pass on the save select has been replaced with an icon for the Contest Weapon Data. The challenge marker will now only appear if you have the VIP Pass.
* An icon for the Contest Weapon Data has been added to the pause menu with the other upgrades.
* Your cursor position is now saved in the Boss Gallery, so now you won't have to scroll through pages to get back to where you were.
* Quick Weapon Switch buttons can now be used to instantly swap pages in the Sound Test and Boss Gallery.
* Noble Nickels will now save the game on collecting them, ala the MaGMML3 sample level judge pack.
* Beating an Arena will also now immediately save the game.
* You now get infinite E Tanks and M Tanks while in the Boss Gallery.
* Crusher Joe and Napalm Man no longer taunt you if you lose to them in the Boss Gallery.
* Added proper Noble Nickel hints for Wily 4 for Crystal Man.
* Hazard Trapper is now affected by Bouncy Castle bouncing.
* The Air Man miniboss from Mario Land has been added to the Boss Gallery.
* Zero Heart is now selectable seperately from Absolute ZERO in the Boss Gallery.
* The Flashman85 cheat now no longer forces Family Friendly mode to be on.
* Your health and ammo are now refilled when exiting a single level from the Pit's level select.
* Kalinka won't appear if Co-Op mode is on, since the Costume Shop is closed in Co-Op.
* Lowered the volume of the Crash Bomb explosion sound effect.
* Losing to Wily Machine SWORD now just respawns you outside of the room rather than having to trek through the empty hallway again.
* Removed Quint's name changing in the Arena depending on costumes.
* Updated Rokko Chan's skin with some fixed, less weird looking frames.
* Changed the FUSION background in the Scorch Men fight to be green to make the actual boss easier to see.
* Changed the question in Deep Thoughts involving Changeable Caverns to something easier.
* You can now Air Slide in HCMMCAS and Wily 6 when Super Mode is enabled.
* Made Galaxy Man less susceptible to Triple Blade.
* Tweaked some dialogue in the Wily Star cutscene to remove a plot hole.
* The Mega Man? skin now has its own READY text.
* Replaced the broken Stone Man platform in Jupi's Wily 6 room.
* Losing to Mega Man Sprite Game will no longer make the cutscene play again.
* Censored 'prick' in Family Friendly mode in Mega Man Sprite Game's dialogue.
* You can no longer PRESS 2 during cutscenes, to prevent glitch hell from occurring.
* Added damage flashing to Absolute ZERO to make it more clear where and when the i-frames are.
* The MM9/MM10 palette option now works with the me irl, Mega Man? and Super Saiyan skins.
* Tweaked some of Cheat Man's dialogue when he rewards you the Cheat Menu slightly.

Super special thanks to Beed here - he was a huge help in getting a ton of these fixes in.
I'm having a problem with downloading this version. I'm tried both Dropbox and Google, and they both yield the same result. The download seems to complete itself just fine, but when I go to extract the zip, it brings up a message that says "how do you want to open this file?" From this point I've tried every option available and nothing works. I can't proceed from that point. I've never had this problem with the game, up until now. 

I hate asking for help with matters like these, because it makes me feel like I'm missing an obvious solution, but I'm too technologically incompetent to find the solution myself. I've been anticipating this update like it was a holiday, so obviously I want to play it asap. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Something else I forgot; if the above message doesn't pop up, I instead get a compressed (zipped) folders error message, and Windows can't complete the extraction. I've tried downloading the game about 12 times, and I always get one of these two message pop-ups.
It appears that when I open the zip file, the .exe to play the game is not in the zip file.